What/who is the controller?
Contact us by mail
Agreement and adjustment
The processing of personal data within the company is subject to European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, in force since 25/5/2018, hereinafter the ‘GDPR Regulation’.
Collection of personal data
Definition of personal data
The term personal data should be understood to mean any data or information (e.g. name, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, …) relating to a directly identifiable person. Because of the broad formulation, a lot of data can be considered as personal data.
How this personal information is collected
- The personal data will be provided by you (e.g. the contact form, … ) .
- The personal data that we collect about you in the performance of our services (e.g.
formulation of an order, conclusion of an agreement, …).
The different ways of collecting personal data are of course subject to their own specific terms and conditions in the privacy legislation. That is why it is important to clarify the differences between the aforementioned ways of collection.
The data will be provided by the person concerned
Personal identification data such as name, address, email, telephone number are necessary for the use of our online services (the use of the contact form) and must be provided to us by yourself. Depending on the service you wish to use, the following categories of personal data may be requested:
- Personal identification data (surname, first name, address, e-mail, telephone numbers, etc.);
- Personal details (age, sex, …);
The information provided by you is deemed to be correct and complete. If you provide incorrect data, we reserve the right to deny you, as a user, access to our services.
When communicating your personal data, you will be asked to explicitly read, understand and accept our privacy terms and conditions by means of a checkbox.
Automatic collection of personal data
By means of cookies and tracking technologies, various personal and other data are collected in an automated manner, simply by visiting our website:
- Electronic identification data (IP addresses, connection moments, … );
- Electronic localization data (approach of location, environment, …);
- Surfing behaviour (which pages are viewed for how long a web page is viewed, clicks, hits,
- Through which channel our website is visited (search terms, through which webpage our website is visited);
- Which device is used (PC, smartphone, tablet, …);
- Which system software is used (Windows, Android, Apple, …);
- Which browser is used (IE, Mozilla, Chrome, …) ;
No processing of sensitive personal data
As required by law, we do not process sensitive data such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences, health or trade union membership.
Purposes of processing
By the processing of personal data collected by us, we mean any processing related to the collection, recording, organisation, storage, updating, modification, retrieval, consultation, use, dissemination, making available, bringing together, combining, archiving, erasure and destruction of personal data.
The processing of the personal data referred to above is necessary for the achievement of the purposes specified by us:
- Commercial follow-up: to contact you with your consent for our commercial purposes and to inform you about our offer based on your preferences.
- Market Research: Use your data and consumer profile on an anonymous basis to research the market situation for and of our products and services. In this way, we constantly innovate existing services and launch new mediation, marketing and advertising services on the market.
- Informing the customer: Your details as requested when using our services are important for the execution of the order. This gives the company an overview of prospects, among other things. This is part of the execution of the service for which you call on us.
- Preparation of statistical data. Display the collected data in various overviews, tables and graphs per property, region and/or client to assess and further improve the mediation, marketing and advertising services.
Quality and balancing of interests
As the person responsible for processing, we ensure the quality and legality of the personal data we collect and process. In doing so, we take all necessary measures to delete or correct data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
When collecting and processing the available personal data, we reserve the right to collect and process only those data which are necessary to achieve our processing purposes. We do not collect or process excessive data or data that may “ever” be applicable.
Data retention period
The personal data will be kept for the full duration necessary to achieve our processing purposes. A longer storage period or further processing than necessary for the purposes to be achieved will not be done.
The personal data will be stored for a period of 7 years after the last consent for data processing or after the end of the contractual cooperation for subsequent deletion or at least anonymization, which makes identification of the users no longer possible. If the data subject unsubscribes for direct marketing, the personal data will be deleted or made anonymous unless this is further necessary for the execution of a specific order.
Transfer of personal data
The company passes on personal data to third parties working in the name of and on behalf of Calico or its affiliated companies when:
- The transmission is necessary for the achievement of our purposes, including and as mentioned above (transmission of anonymised data for statistical research, PhD in the context of our mission as well as for the use and management of our portfolio).
- Offering other interesting products and services may interest you from Calico as well as from companies affiliated with Calico.
- There is a legal obligation to pass on your data or at the request of judicial authorities or police services. Please note, however, that there is no transfer to countries outside the EU and the USA.
Rights of the person concerned
Right to information
According to the legal provisions, the company, as data controller, must clearly inform you about the collection and processing of personal data.
Right of access
You have the right to obtain information from the company, as controller, as to whether or not your personal data is being processed. If your personal data have been processed, you can obtain access to your data in our files with additional information about the processing purposes, the categories of personal data, possible recipients of your personal data, the retention period, complaints procedure,
You can also request a copy of your personal data, without associated administrative costs. Please note that if you request several copies, the company will charge a reasonable fee for this. You can consult the procedure for exercising this right under “Procedure exercising rights”.
Right to obtain personal data
You have the right to request your personal data held by the company/processing manager in a structured, common and machine-readable form.
This can be requested for personal use as well as to pass it on to a data controller other than the company.
If it is technically possible for us, you can also request the electronic transmission of your personal data to another company.
You can consult the procedure for exercising this right under “Procedure exercising rights”.
Procedure for the exercise of rights
If you wish to exercise the aforementioned rights, you must send the request, substantiated or otherwise, together with proof of identity, in particular a copy of the front of your identity card, by post or e-mail to
Contact us by mail
Declaration and competent authority in case of infringements
If you consider that the aforementioned rights are not respected by us and wish to lodge a complaint, you may contact the Data Protection Authority (for Belgium, B-1000, Brussels, Drukpersstraat 35, www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be) which is competent for privacy and data protection with regard to the processing of your personal data.